I know it’s mid-January, and everyone tends to have goals for the year at the beginning of January, but better late than never right?
I don’t believe I made any goals last year, but I’m looking forward to seeing how many of my goals I can carry out this year!
- Reading: Most of my reading has been articles from the New Yorker or the Times, and I love the pieces from the New Yorker, but I honestly miss reading fiction. It tends to be hard for me to find a book I like to read because I prefer classics more than modern literature. But I’m going to aim to try to read one book a month classic or modern! If it’s a longer or a denser read, then maybe a month in a half to two months to finish it.
- Blogging: I’m hoping at least have two blog posts per month and two posts on Instagram a week. As nice as it would be to be able to post daily or every other day, it isn’t realistic for me. Also, I don’t take that many photos when I go out with friends. I rather enjoy the company than trying to get a good snapshot of x, y, z. I.e., write more and take more photos.
- Finances: I’ve been pretty good with budgeting this past year, but I want to continue to do so this year as well as save a bit more. To be a bit proactive about savings, I’ll have my bank automatically transfer money to my savings account every week.
- Skincare: I have a weekly (3 face masks a week — either sheet masks or mask jars) and a nightly regime, but I need to be better with my morning regime from sunblock (though I’m pretty good with sunblock) and moisturizer.
- Weight Loss: Since a major reason for me losing weight last year was through DietBet (at least I think so), I joined another Transformer game. The game will end in July, but by then I’ll lose 10% more of my body fat. Soon, I’ll be at my goal weight!
What are your goals for this year? How do you keep motivated or be on-track?